Canada citizens Legal requirements
– Santorini Weddings –
|We need the wedding documents 1 month before the wedding day in my hands. Please email me copies of them when ready, to make sure nothing is missing
- Copy of passport for both the bride and the groom. If you have your own witnesses, a copy of their passport is also required
- You have to be 18 years and older to get married
- Birth certificate for both the bride and the groom. The document has to be the long form that also mentions the parents names. Also, it has to be typed end not handwritten. In case a typed version of this document is not an option, you must type the information that is handwritten on your birth certificate, in a simple paper and send it along with the original birth certificate so the registrant can use it as a guide if he/she has trouble reading it.
- Notice of Search Marriage from the Ministry of Consumer and Business Services for both the bride and groom, not older than 3 months of the date of your wedding. This document is also required for both the bride and the groom
- Divorce or Death certificates if any
- Adoption certificates if any
- A notary public for both the bride and the groom, saying that you are free to marry
- All the above documents, can be obtained by the Ministry of Consumer and Business Services from the Office of the Registrar General
- All the above documents need to be authenticated by the Ministry of Consumer and Business Services.
- All the above documents, need to be stamp from the Greek Embassy of your area.
- You will also need to contact the Canada Embassy in Athens Greece to get an extra document to verified that you are free to get married in Greece!
- Also all the above documents, need to be translate via the Greek Embassy of your area OR via our agency. No other source is acceptable
You have to be in Santorini 1 (one) business day after your wedding to register your wedding. If that is not possible, you must obtain a document that will give my agency the authority to register your wedding on your behalf and you have to contact me to send you via email a sample of that document
If you wish to see samples of the documents you have to obtain, please click the links below
Birth Certificate | Notice of Search | Marriage Notary statement | Document from Athens Embassy