Legal requirements for Swedish citizens holding a Swedish passport.
– Santorini Weddings –
|We need the wedding documents 1 month before the wedding day in my hands. Please email me copies of them when ready, to make sure nothing is missing
- Copy of passport for both the bride and the groom. If you have your own witnesses, a copy of their passport is also required
- You have to be 18 years and older to get married
- Birth certificates for both the bride and the groom
- Divorce or Death certificates if any
- Adoption certificates if any.
- All the above documents, need to have apostle stamps on each of them. The apostle stamp serve the purpose of authenticating your document for use abroad. Each Sweden document needs its own stamp. You can obtain these stamps from
Ministry of Justice
Division for Family and Business Law (L2)
103 33 STOCKHOLM
Sweden tel:+46 (8) 405 1000
fax: +46 (8) 202 734
- All the above documents, need to be translate via the Greek Embassy of your area. No other source is acceptable.
You have to be in Santorini 1 (one) business day after your wedding to register your wedding. If that is not possible, you must obtain a document that will give my agency the authority to register your wedding on your behalf and you have to contact me to send you via email a sample of that document
If you wish to see samples of the documents you have to obtain, please click the links below
Birth certificate | Marriage license